How do I select the auto-renew payment method for an individual domain?
Setting up auto-renew for your domains can ensure you never lose a domain! When auto-renew is set up, our system will take care of the renewal for you 30 days before the domain's expiration date. However, for the auto-renewal to be successful, you must have an up-to-date payment method selected.
To select a payment method for an individual domain, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "Manage" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
- Click on the domain you wish to edit.
- Refer to the "Domain Info" section on the new page. In the "Renew Option" row, select "auto-renew" from the drop-down menu and save your selection.
- A new link will appear. Click the "Set auto-renew payment method" link to set the payment method for the domain you've selected.
You can also set a payment method for group of domains.
At the moment, there are only two payment types used for auto-renewals. You can choose account credit or a credit card. You will need to make sure your credit card is up-to-date or that you have enough account credit to cover future auto-renewal orders. If we cannot process your payment, then your domain will not be renewed and you will receive an email from us regarding the failed payment.
NOTE: The payment method you choose for auto-renewals is no longer the same payment method used for auto-paying expired domain auction orders.