Need support for your Dynadot domains, websites, or one of our tools? Use our help article directory to find the resources you need or contact our support team to get further assistance.
How do I place a backorder request for a pending delete domain?
Dynadot has a domain backorder service available in our marketplace. You can place a backorder on a pending delete domain and we will try to catch it for you as it "drops" or is re-released to the public for registration. To place a backorder request, you must first meet the following requirements:
- You must have $5 in account balance or have successfully completed an order of $5+ in the last 365 days. If you are new to Dynadot or do not have a recent order history, the easiest way to fulfill this requirement is by creating a prepay order.
- You cannot be banned from our auctions.
- You must set your marketplace default payment settings in your account.
You are now ready to place a backorder request. Here is how it works:
- If there is only one backorder placed, an order will be created and we will do our very best to catch the domain for you. Please understand there is no guarantee we will be successful. These domains are being dropped by the central registry and there may be competition from other domain registrars.
- If there are multiple backorders for the same domain, a backorder auction will be held. The starting bid will be $5 over the backorder price and will be placed for the customer who first placed the backorder.