How do I select the auto-renew payment method for a group of domains?
Setting up auto-renew for your domains can ensure you never lose a domain! When auto-renew is set up, our system will take care of the renewal for you 30 days before the domain's expiration date. However, for the auto-renewal to be successful, you must have an up-to-date payment method selected.
To select a payment method for a group of domains, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Click “My Domains”, then “Manage Domains” from the left-side menu bar.
- Check the boxes next to the domain names for which you want using the payment method you will be selecting. To select all your domains, check the box at the top of the frame.
- Click "Bulk Actions", then select "Set Renew Option".
- Select "auto-renew" from the drop-down menu on the new page and choose your currency and payment method.
- Click "Save Settings" when you are finished.
At the moment, there are only two payment types used for auto-renewals. You can choose account credit or a credit card. You will need to make sure your credit card is up-to-date or that you have enough account credit to cover future auto-renewal orders. If we cannot process your payment, then your domain will not be renewed and you will receive an email from us about it.
NOTE: The payment method you choose for auto-renewals is no longer the same payment method used for auto-paying expired domain auction orders.