How do I set my domains to auto-renew?
Setting up auto-renew for your domains can ensure you never lose a domain! When auto-renew is set up, our system will take care of the renewal for you 30 days before the domain's expiration date.
To set your domain to auto-renew, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Set a payment method for your auto-renewals. The default for all accounts is account credit.
- Once you've set your payment method, select "Manage" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
- Check the box next to the domain name(s) you wish to auto-renew.
- Hover over the "Renew" icon and select "Set Renew Option."
- Set the drop-down menu to "auto-renew" and click the "Save Settings" button to save your settings.
If our auto-renewal attempt is not successful, we will email you. Then, we will make another attempt every day until the domain expires. This allows you to simply update your payment method and then (as long as your domain has not already expired) our system can complete the domain's auto-renewal. When we are able to successfully create the auto-renewal order, you will receive an email confirmation.
You can also use these steps to turn auto-renew off on your domains. By default, all domains are set to have auto-renew off.