How do I add different options or variants of the same product to my Website Builder shopping cart?
Our Website Builder shopping cart makes it easy to sell different forms of the same product. For example, you can add different sizes and colors for a t-shirt. You can add this to your product from within our shopping cart editor in our variants section.
To add options and variants to your product:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select “My Websites” from the left-side menu bar.
- Click on the "edit" link next to the website builder you want to use.
- Click on the "Shopping Cart" (the one that looks like a cart) on the left-hand tool bar.
- Select the "Inventory" tab and select the product you want to add a variant to or click on "Add Product" to add a new product.
- Under the variants section, you will see two options: Add Option and Add Variant.
- Before you can add a variant of your product, you must first add an option. In the example above, you would need to add color as your option.
- Click the "Add Option" button and enter the option you want to add and the default value.
- Once you click save, the option you added will show along the top row along with the product's SKU, Price, Stock, Weight, Dimensions, and whether it's hidden or visible.
- Once you've added your product options, click on "Add Variant".
- This will create another product row where you can adjust the options available. For example, the top row can represent a red t-shirt and the next row down can represent a white t-shirt.
- To adjust the options for your variant, click on the Edit button or to delete it, click the trash button.
- Click the "Save" button on the top left on the screen to finalize your changes.
To view your options on the product page:
- From within your Website Builder editor, go to your product page.
- Hover over your product and click "Open Product".
- You should now see your options on this page in a drop down menu.