How do I add domain privacy to a domain in my Dynadot account?
Forgot to add domain privacy when you registered your domain? Don't worry! You can easily add it within your Dynadot account by following these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "Manage" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
- Check the box next to the domain name(s) you wish to add privacy.
- Hover of the "Privacy" icon and select "Add Privacy."
- The item will be added to your shopping cart at the top of the page unless the domain does not allow privacy, which will result in an error message. See a list of domains that do not allow privacy.
- To checkout, click on the shopping cart and then click the "Check Out" button.
- Our system will take you through the check out process to submit your order.
- You will receive an "Order Complete" email from us when your order has finished processing and your domain is private.
Please note that the price for our domain privacy service will adjust based on when your domain is set to expire. That way your privacy will sync up with your domain, so you can renew them together.
If you choose to use our domain privacy service, your personal information, including your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number, is replaced by our domain privacy service information and will not be sent to the central registry. This will also happen when we escrow your Whois data to the third party data escrow service as required by ICANN. You can see an example of this on our Domain Privacy page.