I have uploaded my files to my Advanced Hosting account, but why do I get a HTTP 403 - Forbidden error?
In most cases, this is because your index.html or index.php file is in the wrong place. It should be in the public_html folder.
To check if these files are in the public_html folder, please follow these steps:
- Sign into your cPanel account.
- Under the "Files" box, click on the "File Manager" icon.
- Choose "Web Root" in the pop-up window and click "Go".
- Click on the "public_html" folder.
- If your index.html or index.php file is not there, you will need to move it here, including any other relevant files and folders needed by that file.
NOTE: These steps apply to your main domain. If this is an add-on domain, your index file will go in the "Document Root" specified when adding the add-on domain to your account. This is typically public_html/[yourdomain.com].