How do I set up a domain using Dynadot's VPS with Sentora option?
Setting up your domain with Dynadot's VPS with Sentora is easy. To begin, you will want to have both your Dynadot account and your Sentora control panel open, and you will want to be logged in to both.
Begin in the Sentora control panel. Follow these steps:
- Click on the "Domains" icon in the "Domain Management" section.
- Type your domain name into the "Domain name" field. The "Create a new home directory" option will already be selected for you.
- Press the "Create" button. The status will show as "pending" while your domain is being added.
- Return to the "Home" menu. Next, we want to create DNS records for this domain.
- In the "Domain Management" section, click on the "DNS Manager" icon and select your domain name from the drop-down menu.
- Press the "Edit" button.
- Sentora will create the standard default records. Press the "Create Records" button.
- On the "A" records page, you will see that custom name servers have been created, "ns1" and "ns2", along with the "mail" subdomain. If you select "MX" you will see that that record has been created for you as well. Use the available tabs to add any additional DNS records you may need.
Let's go to your Dynadot account now.
- Select "My Domains" in the left-side menu bar and click "Name servers" in the drop-down.
- Click on the "Register Name Server" button.
- In the "Host Name" field, enter ns1.domain.extension.
- Move down to the "IP Address" field and enter your VPS IP address.
- Press the "Register Name Server" button to save your changes.
Repeat the same steps for ns2.domain.extension.
Lastly, you will want to connect your domain to the name servers you've created. In your Dynadot account:
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to your domain name and click on the "Bulk Action" button.
- Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Bulk Action" list.
- On the DNS page, select "Name Servers" from the drop-down menu.
- Click the radio button next to "Select from your Name Servers" and choose your name servers from the lists.
- Press the "Save Name Server" button to save your changes.
So that's all there is to it. Once everything has propagated, you will have successfully connected your domain to your Dynadot VPS with Sentora hosting.