How do I set up a domain using Dynadot's VPS with Sentora option?
Setting up your domain with Dynadot's VPS with Sentora is easy. To begin, you will want to have both your Dynadot account and your Sentora control panel open, and you will want to be logged in to both.
Begin in the Sentora control panel. Follow these steps:
- Click on the "Domains" icon in the "Domain Management" section.
- Type your domain name into the "Domain name" field. The "Create a new home directory" option will already be selected for you.
- Press the "Create" button. The status will show as "pending" while your domain is being added.
- Return to the "Home" menu. Next, we want to create DNS records for this domain.
- In the "Domain Management" section, click on the "DNS Manager" icon and select your domain name from the drop-down menu.
- Press the "Edit" button.
- Sentora will create the standard default records. Press the "Create Records" button.
- On the "A" records page, you will see that custom name servers have been created, "ns1" and "ns2", along with the "mail" subdomain. If you select "MX" you will see that that record has been created for you as well. Use the available tabs to add any additional DNS records you may need.
Let's go to our Dynadot account now.
- From the "Domains" menu at the top, select "Name Servers."
- Click on the "Register a domain name server" link.
- In the "Host Name" field, enter ns1.domain.extension.
- Move down to the "IP Address" field and enter your VPS IP address there.
- Press the "Submit" button. You will now see the name server on your list.
- Do the same for ns2.domain.extension.
Lastly, we will want to connect our domain to the name servers we've created. In your Dynadot account:
- Select "Manage" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
- Click the link in the "Name Server" column for your domain.
- Click on the "Name Servers" tab.
- Scroll down the new page and select your custom name servers from the drop-down menus. Press the "Select Name Servers" button at the bottom of the column.
So that's all there is to it. Once everything has propagated, you will have successfully connected your domain to your Dynadot VPS with Sentora hosting.