How do I activate my SMS Authentication settings?
SMS Authenticator, along with your "birthday" and Google Authenticator is a great way to add extra security to your account. This is why we recommend adding it as a part of your account security. To activate your SMS settings, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "Account Lock" from the "My Info" drop-down menu.
- Unlock your account.
- Under the "SMS Authentication" column, enter in your cellphone number (country code in the first box, full phone number in the second box).
- Click on the "Set SMS Phone Number" button.
- Next, click on the "Send SMS Token" button. A 6-digit code will be sent to your cellphone number to ensure you have access to the cellphone number you entered. This test code will expire 1 hour after it is sent.
- Enter in the SMS test code in the "Enter Token" box.
- Click on the "Enable SMS" button to save your changes.
If the correct test code is entered, your SMS settings will be saved for your account.
NOTE: Activating your SMS settings requires us to send at least 1 text message to your cellphone. Thus, carrier fees may apply when activating your SMS settings.