Need support for your Dynadot domains, websites, or one of our tools? Use our help article directory to find the resources you need or contact our support team to get further assistance.
How do I turn off my SMS Authenticator settings?
SMS Authenticator, along with your "birthday" and Google Authenticator is a great way to add extra security to your account. This is why we recommend keeping it as a part of your account security. But, if you do want to remove SMS Authenticator from your Dynadot account, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Click "My Info" from the left-side menu bar, then click "Security".
- Click Unlock Account, you will need to enter an SMS code (as well as your birthday and your token code if you also have Google Authenticator set up) to successfully unlock your account. If you are unable to enter your SMS code, use the "Lost Cellphone" link to contact us for help.
- Once your account is unlocked, scroll down to the "SMS Authentication" section.
- You will need to enter your password for security, then click "Disable SMS" to turn it off.
- We recommend relocking your account by clicking "Lock Account Now" at the top of the page when you are done.