Need support for your Dynadot domains, websites, or one of our tools? Use our help article directory to find the resources you need or contact our support team to get further assistance.
How do I set up my Email plan in Thunderbird?
To set up your Email in Thunderbird, please follow these steps:
- Retrieve your POP3 and SMTP settings. Do not forget to enable remote access.
- Open Thunderbird and select "Email" under the "Create a new account" heading.
- Press "Skip This and Use My Existing Email."
- Enter your name, email address and password. Then, press "Continue."
- For Incoming, select your preferred type (POP or IMAP)
- The server hostname should be "webhost.dynadot.com." The port should be 995 for POP and 993 for IMAP. For SSL, choose "SSL/TLS." Authentication should be "Normal Password."
- The Outgoing setting should already be set to "SMTP." The hostname should be "webhost.dynadot.com." The port is 587. For SSL, choose "STARTTLS." Authentication should be "Normal Password."
- Be sure to enter your username (full email address) again at the bottom.
- Press "Done."
Your settings should look similar to what is shown below:
Want to set up your Email plan on another platform? Check out these additional instructions: