How do I set up my Email Hosting email in Thunderbird?
To set up your Email Hosting email in Thunderbird, please follow these steps:
- Retrieve your POP3 and SMTP settings. Do not forget to enable remote access.
- Open Thunderbird and select "Email" under the "Create a new account" heading.
- Press "Skip This and Use My Existing Email."
- Enter your name, email address and password. Then, press "Continue."
- For Incoming, select "POP3."
- The server hostname should be "webhost.dynadot.com." The port should be 995. For SSL, choose "SSL/TLS." Authentication should be "Normal Password."
- The Outgoing setting should already be set to "SMTP." The hostname should be "webhost.dynadot.com." The port is 587. For SSL, choose "STARTTLS." Authentication should be "Normal Password."
- Be sure to enter your username (full email address) again at the bottom.
- Press "Done."
Your settings should look similar to what is shown below:
Want to set up your Email Hosting email on another platform? Check out these additional instructions: