Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Getting "recipient over quota" on email sent to my domain
Posted By c_c_us
6/30/2012 08:39
Hello, I have a domain rccent.com and have email forwarding set up and use [email protected] as my primary email address and have it forwarded to my account. Starting this morning people who send email to me @rccent.com are getting back a failure message like the following:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 552 552 recipient over quota (state 13).

Please let me know what the problem is, I have never had this error before. Is there a limit on how much email dynadot will forward for me?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
8/8/2014 17:15
I'm with same problem today.

host parkmail.dynadot.com[54.214.28.174] said: 552 over quota (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Domain julianaapolo.com
Reply Quote
1/18/2015 10:44
Getting the same message--I'm surprised as I'm not seeing more than one or two in the gmail account receiving that address. But, if there's really that much spam driving through, is there a way to get more forwarding? (Pay service or otherwise)

domain: alexanderhaase.net
Reply Quote
1/22/2015 07:52
Google has been blocking emails from our forwarding server. We are trying to work with them to resolve the issue, but for now, you may need to forward to a non-gmail address.
Reply Quote
1/23/2015 02:42
I have the same issue too... although it seems to be ok with some of my adresses in the same domain, and not ok with others...
Reply Quote
1/27/2015 00:16
Could you please give a detailed destription about the problem you met, including the domain name and your email address? And it will help a lot if you would like to send the problem info to [email protected].
Reply Quote
Posted By dsv
3/16/2015 06:05
I've just received the same error: 552 over quota. However, I did not received more than 10 emails today for sure. Domain: demyanov.net Forwarding to Gmail.
Reply Quote
3/16/2015 18:15
Please send a copy of the bounced message you receive to [email protected] or [email protected] so we can take a look at the issue. Thank you!
Reply Quote
3/17/2015 08:56
There is a second reason you may receive the 'Over Quota' message and that is if there are 25 messages being held and delayed in our outgoing queue. This has been happening with gmail a lot that they will delay or even deny deliver of messages sent through our email forwarding.

The problem is that, though we do use a SpamHaus filter, spam does end up being forwarded and our server takes the hit.

We have been working with Google to remove these restrictions, but I'm not certain how long it will take.

True domain email (rather than the aliases used in email forwarding) is always more reliable. You can also configure those addresses to use an email client. Since you have a hosting package for demyanov.net which includes email, I would recommend using that instead.

How do I create domain email addresses in my Email plan?

To create domain email addresses for your Email package, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Emails" from the left-side menu bar.
  3. Click on the "Sign In" link. A new page should load in a new browser window.
  4. On the Mailboxes section, located in the bottom left corner of the screen, click the Mailbox icon (Manage Mailboxes).
  5. Click “Create New Mailbox” on the top right corner.
  6. Enter the email address in the provided form.
  7. Press the "Create" button to save your changes.

Our Pro Email plan supports an unlimited number of email addresses. Learn how to access your email and find out how to turn on a "catch all" email address, so you'll never miss an email just because of a typo!

You can also visit the Email FAQ section of our help files for more info about how to set up your email with various platforms such as Gmail, Mac Mail, your iPad and iPhone, and more.

From Help Section: Email Hosting > Email > How do I create domain email addresse...
Reply Quote
4/1/2015 05:04
Hi,

I'm facing the same problem:
"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

st****[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain vanmoen.be by parkmail.dynadot.com. [54.69.45.191].

The error that the other server returned was:
552 over quota
"
Is there any way to resolve this problem?
Reply Quote
4/2/2015 23:47
Please send a copy of the bounced message you receive to [email protected] or [email protected] so we can take a look at the issue. Thank you!
Reply Quote