Need support for your Dynadot domains, websites, or one of our tools? Use our help article directory to find the resources you need or contact our support team to get further assistance.
How do I place a bid in your backorder auctions?
If we received multiple backorder requests on a pending delete domain we caught, the domain will go into a backorder auction. If you placed the first backorder request for the domain, our system will automatically place a starting bid for you. Now, due to popular demand, if a bid is placed in the last 5 minutes of an auction, the end time will be extended by 5 minutes. There is no limit to the number of times an auction may be extended before the auction's final "end time" is set.
Our system uses proxy bidding. If you have placed a backorder on the domain, you can bid easily through your account by following these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Marketplace" from the left-side menu bar and "Auction Bids" in the drop-down.
- Click on the "Add New Bid" button under the "Time Left" column.
- Enter your max bid in the "Proxy Bid Amount" field.
- Check the box indicating you agree to the terms of our Service Agreement.
- Press the "Place Proxy Bid" button to place your bid.
If you have not placed a backorder on a domain, you can still bid in the auction from our Domain Backorder Auctions page so long as you have met the participation requirements:
- You must have a Dynadot Account (creating one is free).
- You must not be banned from our auctions.
- You must have $5 in account balance, or have completed a successful order payment of at least $5 with us within the last 365 days. If you are new to Dynadot or do not have a recent order history, the easiest way for you to fulfill this requirement is by creating a prepay order. Please note that the amount of the prepay will default to $100.00, but you can adjust this manually.
*A $100 prepay is required to participate in the backorder auctions of .PRO domains.