Need support for your Dynadot domains, websites, or one of our tools? Use our help article directory to find the resources you need or contact our support team to get further assistance.
How do I mark my domain for deletion?
If you don't want to keep your domain name, you can mark it for deletion. This is different from a grace period deletion and you will not receive any account credit if you choose to delete your domain this way.
To mark your domain for deletion before the expiration date, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- In the "Domain Name" column, click on your domain name (which should be a link).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the "Delete" section.
- Press the "Delete" button to delete your domain (a pop-up will appear for confirmation). If the "Delete" button is not present, you may need to unlock your domain first.
If your domain is set to auto-renew, please disable those settings.
Our system will automatically process your deletion 7 days after the request is made. If you change your mind about deleting your domain, you will need to cancel your deletion request before then. If your domain is close to expiration, you can also choose to set your domain to "do not renew" and let it naturally expire.