How do I submit a grace period deletion request?
Dynadot is one of the few registrars that supports domain tasting also know as grace deletions. Most domain extensions support grace deletions and most give you up to 118 grace hours to submit your grace deletion request.
To submit a grace deletion request, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "New Domains" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
- Check the box next to the domain name(s) you wish to grace delete.
- Click on the "Request Delete for Credit" button to submit your grace period deletion request.
You can also submit bulk grace deletion requests.
- Not all domains can be deleted for credit. Check out our grace deletion chart to see which of our domain extensions allow grace deletions and the number of grace hours allotted. Any that cannot be grace deleted are listed as "none" under the "Grace Period" column and will be listed as having 0.00 grace hours left in the "New Domains" section of our control panel after registration.
- Even if your domain is eligible for grace deletion and your request is submitted within the grace hours allotted, some domain extensions have a maximum rate rate of deletion, which limits the number of grace deletions relative to the number of registrations. If we are at the max rate, your request will be put on the wait list. You can see which domain extensions have a max rate, check out their current rate, and see how many requests are on our wait list all on our grace deletion chart.
- If your grace deletion request is successful, you will receive a refund in the form of account credit minus any grace deletion fees. Most domain extensions have a fee of $1-$3, though some have no fee and some a have higher fee. All fees are listed under the "Deletion Fee" column of our grace deletion chart.
- Registry Premium and backorder domains cannot be grace deleted.
- Finally, please keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that any domain grace deletion will be successful.