Register Your .CA Domain
Establish your presence in Canada with its popular .CA domain! For personal websites, registering a .CA domain tells the world that you are Canadian. For business websites, .CA lets customers know you're open for business in Canada right in the URL. Plus, Canadians prefer sites with a .CA domain name, giving your website instant credibility in the region!
In 2013, .CA celebrated 25 years and almost 2 million registrations. The .CA domain has been growing faster than many other country code domains, but there are still a lot of great domain names available. Reach over 35 million Canadians with your very own .CA domain name today!
Protect Your Brand with a .CA Domain
Even if you already have an established business website on another domain extension, if your business is in Canada or you're planning to expand into the Canadian market, we also recommend registering a .CA domain to protect your brand. Since .CA websites are prefered in Canada, it's a good idea to secure your domain name before someone else registers it. This ensures that you have control over your brand and messaging. If you're not ready to set up a separate website or don't want to, you can simply forward your .CA domain name to your main website with our free domain forwarding service.
International .CA Domains
.CA supports internationalized domain names (IDNs) in French! Use our IDN search to find and register the right French .CA domain name now!
.CA Domain Restrictions
Registrants of .CA domains must meet certain Canadian Presence Requirements. Only the following individuals and entities will be able to register a .CA domain name:
- Canadian citizens of the age of majority
- Permanent residents
- Legal representatives
- Corporations under the laws of Canada
- Trusts under the laws of Canada
- Partnerships where more than 66.6% of partners meet the above requirements
- Associations where at least than 80% of members meet the above requirements
- The trade unions recognized by the labour board under laws of Canada
- Political parties registered under relevant electoral law of Canada
- Education institutions including universities, colleges, post-secondary schools, vocational schools, secondary schools, pre-schools, or other educational institutions that are recognized by the educational authorities of Canada
- Libraries, Archives, or Museums that are located in Canada and not established for profit
- Hospitals located in Canada and licensed, authorized, or approved to operate as such under an act of legislature of Canada
- Her Majesty the Queen and her successors
- Indian band as defined in the Indian Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. I-5
- Aboriginal peoples indigenous to Canada
- Trade-marks registered in Canada
- Official marks
About Canada, the Home of .CA
Canada is located in North America and is bordered by the United States to the south. It is the world's second largest country by total land area, though its population is only around 35 million as of 2012. It boasts one of the world's largest economies and has the world's ninth highest per capita income. Canada's official languages are English and French.
|Renewal Grace Period||40 Days|
|Deletion Grace Period||0 Days|
|Restore Period||30 Days|
|IDN Supported||Yes, See Languages|
|Registration Price (1 year)||$10.50|
|Renewal Price (1 year)||$10.50|