Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Website problem
8/6/2007 07:55
Hi,
 Recently I bought the domain name espaniero.com. It was all working well already, I did not have any problems with the name servers, and the like. However, right now I can't seem to access the website. Also, there are some people who are saying that they can't access the website. Please note that I am using another hosting account and the original url of the website is www.espaniero.penster.fyi.ph and i am currently using the add on domain feature of cpanel. I am sure the problem is not with my web host because I can access www.espaniero.penster.fyi.ph but I cant access www.espaniero.com. I really really hope someone can help me with this problem.
Reply Quote
8/6/2007 09:09
Hello,

You have accidentally parked the domain with dynadot (withoud 3rd party ads).

Go to https://www.dynadot.com/account/domain/name/server.html and under "Option 2: Select Name Servers" select your name servers from the list and click the button "Select Name Servers"

Regards
Mashahood Nizamani
Reply Quote
8/6/2007 13:14
Dear Your website www.espaniero.com is pointing to the IP address of dynadot.com 208.185.252.247 please log on to your account and change your name servers.
Reply Quote
8/6/2007 16:46
thanks for the help guys. Incidentally, when this happened, I was able to see my website after a few hours which is weird right. hehe.
Reply Quote
8/7/2007 10:00
This was because

First Dynadot syas that "DNS zone changes usually update every 20 minutes" This is may be to reduce the load from their servers.

Second and most irritating reason for this kind of weired act was your ISPs DNS Cache. Few days back when I changed one of my Website's DNS, it took three days to take effect (You are lucky your ISP took just 3 hours ;)) I have seen this problem commonly in South Asian countries like Pakistan and India (I can't say anything about other countries)

To prevent this kind of incident Dynadot should put Parking the domain on some where else like by adding a new link. I am sure this type of accidents would be common, any one can hit park domain button accidentally.
Reply Quote
8/7/2007 16:09
Please be aware that the default name server setting for all Dynadot accounts is Domain Revenue Parking.  Any domains you register with us are initially set to these default name server settings.

You can change your default name server settings by following these steps:

How do I set up my default name server settings?

Default name servers will automatically set new domain registrations to the name servers of your choosing. To set your default name server settings, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Domain Defaults" in the drop-down.
  3. Select the "Name Servers" option.
  4. In the "DNS Setting" section, select "Name Servers" from the drop-down menu.
  5. Enter or Select the default name server settings you wish to set for any future domains you register with us.
  6. Press the "Save" button at the top right of the page to save your changes. Now any new domain registrations will be set to your default name server settings.
Your settings should look similar to what is shown below:

Please be aware that it might take some time for your name server changes to propagate.

Notes:

• Transferred domains keep their current name servers as they enter your account, and will not be affected by these settings unless the option "Apply to transferred domains" is checked.

• Custom DNS settings do not carry over when a domain is moved between Dynadot accounts, and will not be affected by these settings unless the option "Apply to receiving Push domains" is checked.

Learn how to set name servers for your domain.

Looking to set multiple domains already in your account to a certain name server setting? We've got the perfect solution and they're called smart folders:

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Name Server Settings > How do I set up my default name serve...
Reply Quote