How do I edit my domain contact records listed in the Whois?
To edit your contact records, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and then click "Contact Records" in the drop-down.
- Click on the link associated with the contact record you wish to edit in the "Name/Email" area.
- You will be prompted to unlock your account.
- Click again on the link associated with the contact record you wish to edit in the "Name/Email" area.
- Edit your contact information in the provided form.
- Press the "Save" button to save your changes.
NOTE: If you update a Whois contact record that is being used for a generic top-level domain (gTLD), such as .COM, you will receive a Contact Record Whois Verification email from firstname.lastname@example.org to your Whois registrant email (After you hit "Save", you will see information about whether or not this email has been sent out under the "gTLD Verification" section). You will need to click on the link in the email to verify your contact record. Failure to verify your contact record within 15 days will result in the suspension of the domains attached to that contact record (your domains will be set to parking).
Once you update your contact records for your domains, it might take a few days for the public Whois directory to update.