How do I initiate a change ownership request if I am the current owner (domain push)?
To initiate a free change ownership request you must be the current owner of the domain (the person whom has access to the domain in their Dynadot account).
If you are the owner, there are a few things you need to do before you start your change ownership (domain push) order.
- Ask the recipient of the domain(s) to create a free Dynadot account if they do not already have one.
- Once the recipient has created a Dynadot account, ask for their Push Username. (NOTE: The Push Username name is not necessarily the same as your Dynadot username). This is needed to move or "push" the domain into their account.
- Make sure your domain is not about to expire. After you submit the domain push order, the recipient must accept the move before the domain expires. Otherwise, the domain must be renewed before it can be moved.
- Before you start the domain push, you will need to unlock the domain(s) you want to push.
Once you've unlocked your domain(s) and have the recipient's push username, you can start the change ownership (domain push) order using the following steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to the domain name(s) you want to move.
- Select "Change Account” from the “Bulk Action” drop-down menu.
- Under the "Domain Change Account (Push)" section, enter the recipient's Push username.
- Click on the “Push Domains“ button.
- Click on your shopping cart and follow the "Checkout" buttons to submit your change ownership order.
An email will be sent to the recipient of the domain(s) asking them to confirm the move. Once the recipient accepts the move, the domain(s) will automatically be pushed from your account to the recipient's account.
To do a bulk domain push, simply check off all the domains you would like to push and then follow the same steps above. Please note that we'll be sending the Forum Name and Organization / Name to the recipient account.
New accounts cannot push a domain into a new account.
NOTE: Custom DNS settings do not carry over when a domain is moved between Dynadot accounts.