How do I initiate a change ownership request if I am the current owner (Domain Push)?
There are two ways to initiate a free change ownership request depending on if you are the current owner of the domain (who can do a domain push) or the recipient (who can do a domain pull). You only need to push the domain or pull the domain, not both.
If you are the owner, there are a few thing you need to do before you start your change ownership domain push order:
- You should start by asking the recipient of the domain(s) to create a free Dynadot account if they do not already have one.
- Once the recipient has created a Dynadot account, you will need their forum name (this is different from their username) to then move or "push" the domain into their account.
- Make sure your domain is not about to expire. After you submit the domain push order, the recipient must accept the move before the domain expires. Otherwise, the domain must be renewed before it can be moved.
- Before you start the domain push, you will need to unlock the domain(s) you want to push.
Once you've unlocked your domain(s) and have the recipient's forum name, you can start the change owner domain push order using the following steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to the domain name(s) you want to move.
- Select "Change Account” from the “Bulk Actions” drop-down menu.
- Under the "Domain Change Account (Push)" section, enter the recipient's forum name.
- Click on the “Push Domains“ button.
- Click on your shopping cart and follow the green "Checkout" buttons to submit your change owner order.
An email will be sent to the recipient of the domain(s) asking them to confirm the move. Once the recipient accepts the move, the domain(s) will automatically be pushed from your account to the recipient's account.
NOTE: You can only do a bulk change ownership request by doing a domain push, not a domain pull. To do a bulk domain push, simply check off all the domains you would like to push and then follow the same steps above.