Need support for your Dynadot domains, websites, or one of our tools? Use our help article directory to find the resources you need or contact our support team to get further assistance.
How do I initiate a change ownership request if I am the current owner (domain push)?
To initiate a free change ownership request you must be the current owner of the domain (the person whom has access to the domain in their Dynadot account).
If you are the owner, there are a few things you need to do before you start your change ownership (domain push) order.
- Ask the recipient of the domain(s) to create a free Dynadot account if they do not already have one.
- Once the recipient has created a Dynadot account, ask for their forum name. (NOTE: The forum name is not the same as the username). This is needed to move or "push" the domain into their account.
- Make sure your domain is not about to expire. After you submit the domain push order, the recipient must accept the move before the domain expires. Otherwise, the domain must be renewed before it can be moved.
- Before you start the domain push, you will need to unlock the domain(s) you want to push.
Once you've unlocked your domain(s) and have the recipient's forum name, you can start the change ownership (domain push) order using the following steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to the domain name(s) you want to move.
- Select "Change Account” from the “Bulk Action” drop-down menu.
- Under the "Domain Change Account (Push)" section, enter the recipient's forum name.
- Click on the “Push Domains“ button.
- Click on your shopping cart and follow the "Checkout" buttons to submit your change ownership order.
An email will be sent to the recipient of the domain(s) asking them to confirm the move. Once the recipient accepts the move, the domain(s) will automatically be pushed from your account to the recipient's account.
NOTE: You can only do a bulk change ownership request by doing a domain push, not a domain pull. To do a bulk domain push, simply check off all the domains you would like to push and then follow the same steps above. Please note that we will be sending the Forum Name and Organization / Name to the recipient account.
New accounts cannot push a domain into a new account.
*Custom DNS settings do not carry over when a domain is moved between Dynadot accounts*