How do I register my own name servers (glue records)?
To create your own name servers for a domain registered at Dynadot, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "Name Servers" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
- Click on the blue "Register a domain name server" link.
- Enter the host name (ns1.mydomain.com, for example) in the text box labeled "Host Name".
- Enter the IP address for the name server in the text box labeled "IP Address".
- Click on the "Submit" button to save your changes.
You can submit either an IPv4 or IPv6 IP address (except .WS domains do not support IPv6 addresses). You can also set multiple IP addresses. Also, please remember to configure your name servers with the corresponding A records.
Glue records associate a hostname with an IP address. They are needed when you want to set your domain's name servers to a hostname that is a subdomain of your domain.