Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Zoho mail
10/1/2013 01:50
Hi,

I cant figure out the way how to verify my zoho mail.
how and where do i create CNAME for my domain? I cant find the correct place where to add In the Value/ Points To/ Destination field
Reply Quote
10/1/2013 13:38
You can enter that in on our DNS page:

How do I set up DNS for my domain?

To set up DNS for your domain, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. On the DNS Settings page, select the "Dynadot DNS" setting from the top drop-down menu.
  6. Choose the "Record Type" you want to use from the drop-down menu, then enter the IP Address or Target Host of your web server in the text box.
  7. If you have an Email Server or MX Record available for your domain email, enter the priority (otherwise known as distance) and the hostname in the subsequent text boxes.
  8. You can also specify subdomain records in the "Subdomain Records(optional)" section the same way you do to the "Domain Record(optional)".
  9. Press the "Save Settings" button to save your changes.

Please be aware that it might take some time for your name server changes to propagate.

Note: If you have been instructed to add an "@", this simply means that the record should be entered under the "Domain Record (optional)" section. The "@" itself should not be entered.
From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Domain Settings > How do I set up DNS for my domain?
Reply Quote
10/3/2013 07:01
I dont get it, sry. I have to verify at first...
General Instructions for creating CNAME in any Domain Manager:

The general steps to validate your Domain using CNAME method are listed below. If your Specific provider is listed above, you can use the link to follow the specific instructions for the provider.
Log in to your account with your Domain registrar. (Your Domain’s Administrative DNS Host).
Open your Domain Management Page to update the DNS Records (DNS Manager or DNS Control Pane or Advanced DNS editor).
Locate the option to add CNAME records (Generally found under DNS Records, you can also consult the help page of your registrar in case you are not clear).
In the Name/ Host/ Alias/ CNAME add the code generated in Zoho zb********
In the Value/ Points To/ Destination field add domain.zoho.com
The added CNAME will typically look like below:
Name/ Host/ Alias/ CNAME
Value/ Points To/ Destination
zb********
domain.zoho.com
If the TTL is editable, reduce the TTL to 300 seconds or the minimum possible value recommended by your Registrar.
Click Save or Add Record option to save the CNAME Records.

Or can you maybe help me and add these values yourself?
Reply Quote
10/3/2013 11:59
We would need the values to be able to do that for you -  "In the Name/ Host/ Alias/ CNAME add the code generated in Zoho zb********"

If you do not want to post that here, please email it to us.   You can also refer to the instructions below:

How do I create a CNAME?

A CNAME record is short-hand for Canonical Name record, which allows you to assign a domain or subdomain to another address or hostname. CNAME records should only be used if you can't use an A record.

NOTE: If you already have an A record within the Domain records section, please SKIP step 5!

To create a CNAME, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to the domain name(s) and select "DNS Settings" from the "Action" drop-down menu.
  4. On the new page, select the "Dynadot DNS" option from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Domain Record (optional)" section at the top, select "Forward" as the record type, choose forward type, and enter "https://www.yourdomainname.ext" as the "Target Host". (NOTE: This is optional and please replace the value based on your own domain name.)
  6. Under the "Subdomain Record (optional)" field, enter "www" as the subdomain, select "CNAME" as the record type and enter the CNAME record given to you.
  7. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Save Settings" button to save your changes.

Please be aware that it might take some time for your changes to propagate.

A CNAME may be necessary for your domain to work with the following: Blogger, Blogspot, TypePad, iweb, MobileMe, zenfolio, ning.

Your settings should look similar to what is shown below:

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Domain Settings > How do I create a CNAME?
Reply Quote
5/20/2014 16:19
Hi, also having problem verifying my ZOHO mail domain ownership -  I cant find the correct place where to add In the Value/ Points To/ Destination field.
Can you send step by step instruction because none of the steps explained in ZOHO mail for verification of domain seems to apply:

How did you sort it out?
Reply Quote
3/27/2016 07:25
I'm stuck too! I don't understand where the Value/ Points To/ Destination code is placed for Zoho email. Can someone provide a step by step instruction that is simple to understand? Any help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
4/7/2016 15:51
j_h_aledo_us: Do you have the settings you need to use from Zoho?
Reply Quote
4/11/2016 18:46
Hi there,
I"m having same problem figuring out how to... please help
thanks
Reply Quote
4/20/2016 15:40
g_c_l_malden_us: What is the domain name you're trying to edit?
Reply Quote
10/4/2016 17:48
This is kind of ridiculous that there are open questions here..
Reply Quote
4/3/2018 19:20
You find it in the control panel, or add only the DNS and you're ready to work
Reply Quote