How do I set up DNS for my domain?
To set up DNS for your domain, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Bulk Action" button.
- Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Bulk Action" list.
- On the DNS page, select the "Custom DNS" setting from the top drop-down menu.
- Choose the "Record Type" you want to use from the drop-down menu, then enter in the IP Address or Target Host of your web server in the first text box (NOTE: You must enter BOTH a record for the root domain, which is the "Domain Record (required)" section and a 'www' subdomain record).
- If you have an Email Server or MX Record available for your domain email, enter in the hostname and the distance (otherwise known as priority) in the subsequent text boxes. You can also specify subdomain A records, CNAME records, SRV records, and TXT records.
- Press the "Save DNS" button to save your changes.
Please be aware that it might take some time for your name server changes to propagate.