How do I set up DNS for my domain?
To set up DNS for your domain, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
- Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Action" list.
- On the DNS Settings page, select the "Dynadot DNS" setting from the top drop-down menu.
- Choose the "Record Type" you want to use from the drop-down menu, then enter the IP Address or Target Host of your web server in the text box.
- If you have an Email Server or MX Record available for your domain email, enter the priority (otherwise known as distance) and the hostname in the subsequent text boxes.
- You can also specify subdomain records in the "Subdomain Records(optional)" section the same way you do to the "Domain Record(optional)".
- Press the "Save Settings" button to save your changes.
Please be aware that it might take some time for your name server changes to propagate.
Note: If you have been instructed to add an "@", this simply means that the record should be entered under the "Domain Record (optional)" section. The "@" itself should not be entered.