How do I create an A record to point my domain to an IP address?
To create an A record, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "Manage" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
- Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Name Servers" icon.
- Click on the "DNS" tab.
- In the "Domain Record (required)" field, select "A" from the drop-down menu and then enter your IP address in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
- In the "Subdomain Records (optional)" section, enter "www" as the subdomain, select "A" from the drop-down menu and then enter your IP address in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
- Click on the "Save DNS" button to save your changes.
Your settings should look similar to what is shown below: (click on it to see it larger)
Please be aware it may take anywhere from 20 minutes to 24 hours for your DNS changes to propagate.
Wix Hosting, Weebly