How do I set up my domain with Blogger or Blogspot?
To set up your domain with Blogger or Blogspot, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Bulk Action" button.
- Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Bulk Action" list.
- On the DNS page, select "Dynadot DNS" from the top drop-down menu.
- In the "Domain Record (required)" field, select "A" from the drop-down menu and enter Google's IP 188.8.131.52 in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
- Repeat the same steps and create 3 additional A records pointing to IP addresses 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168.
- In the "Subdomain Records (optional) field", enter "www" as the subdomain record, select "CNAME" from the drop-down menu, and enter ghs.google.com under the "IP Address or Target Host" box. Please note Blogger may ask you to enter another CNAME record. You can verify their current settings here.
- Press the "Save DNS" button to save your changes.
Please be aware that it might take some time for your name server changes to propagate.
Next, you will need to configure your settings with Blogger:
- Sign in to your Blogger account.
- Navigate to Dashboard, Settings, Publishing, Add a custom domain, Switch to advanced settings.
- In the "Advanced Settings" box, type in www.yourdomain.ext (For example: www.dynadot.com).
- Press the Save button to save your changes.
You can also create your blog right here on Dynadot! Upgrade to our basic website builder plan to create a beautiful website with blog functionality.