How do I add a Sender Policy Framework (SPF) to my domain?
You can enter SPF records using the TXT record type in the DNS settings in your Dynadot account. To set an SPF record, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Bulk Action" button.
- Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Bulk Action" list.
- On the DNS page, select the "Custom DNS" setting from the top drop-down menu.
- Under the "Domain Record (required)" section, select "TXT" from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the information for your SPF record in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
- Press the "Save DNS" to save your changes.
NOTE: TXT records cannot be set by themselves; you must enter a domain record type (A, AAAA, CNAME, or Forwarding) if you want to use a TXT record.
Setting SPF records are can help prevent spammers from sending messages with forged from addresses at your domain.