How do I turn off Google Authenticator?
Google Authenticator, along with your "birthday" and SMS Authenticator is a great way to add extra security to your account. This is why we recommend keeping it as a part of your account security. But, if you do want to remove Google Authenticator from your Dynadot account, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "Account Lock" from the "My Info" drop-down menu.
- Unlock your account.
- This will require you to enter a token code from your Google Authenticator app (as well as your "birthday" and SMS code if you also have this enabled). If you can't enter your token code, use the "Lost Cellphone" link for help.
- Go to the "Google Authentication" section.
- Enter your password for security. Then click "Disable Google Authentication" to turn it off.
- We recommend relocking your account by clicking "Lock Account Now" at the top of the page when you are done.
Note: This will not automatically remove your "Dynadot:username" account from your Google Authenticator app. To remove that, you will need to open the app and click on the pen icon at the top right-hand corner. Then, click on the red minus sign over your "Dynadot:username" account and click "Remove Account" to confirm its removal from the app. Please make sure you have already performed the steps above before removing it from the app.