Need support for your Dynadot domains, websites, or one of our tools? Use our help article directory to find the resources you need or contact our support team to get further assistance.
How do I transfer my domain away from Dynadot?
We're sorry to see your domain go! There are a few things you should do to prepare your domain to be transferred - and you should do this before starting your transfer order at your new registrar.
To prepare your domain to be transferred away from Dynadot, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Make sure your domain is not close to expiring by checking its expiration date on our "Manage Domains" page in the "My Domains" menu. Your transfer may still go through even if it expires during the process, but this is not guaranteed, so we recommend starting the transfer process at least 2 weeks before the domain's expiration date.
- Also on the "Manage Domains" page, you can click the down arrow to the left of your domain name to check if the Whois information for the domain is correct. Your new registrar will be sending an email to your registrant email address to confirm the transfer. If it is not correct, you should update your Whois email. If you are using our privacy service, we will forward the email to your account email.
- You will then need to unlock your domain, which you can also do from the "Manage Domains" page.
- Once you've unlocked your domain, you will be able to get your domain's authorization code, which you will need to give to your new registrar.
- Make sure you leave your domain unlocked during the transfer process; however, we recommend locking your account again to ensure its security.
You are now ready to initiate the domain transfer at your future registrar's website.