How do I update my Whois email address?
You should always keep your Whois email address up-to-date as that is where important emails are often sent including domain transfer authorization emails, SSL approval emails, and more. To update your Whois email address, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "Contact Records" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
- If you have multiple contact records and aren't sure which one is being used by a certain domain, click on "Show" under the "In Use" column to see which domains use each contact record.
- Click on the link associated with the contact record you wish to edit in the "Name/Email" area.
- Edit your email as well as any other contact information in the provided form.
- Click on the "Save Contact" button to save your changes.
Please note that if you update a Whois contact record that is being used for a generic top-level domain (gTLD), such as .COM, you will receive a Contact Record Whois Verification email from firstname.lastname@example.org to your account email. (After you hit "Save Contact," you will see information about whether or not this email has been sent out under the "gTLD Verification" section.) You will need click on the link in the email to verify your contact record. Failure to verify your contact record within 15 days will result in the suspension of the domains attached to that contact record (your domains will be set to parking).
Once you update your Whois email address, it might take some time for the emails you need to come through.