How do I set up my MX records so I can use my domain email if I'm using DNS?
MX records are mail exchange records that specify the mail server responsible for accepting email messages for your domain. If you want to set up your email for your domain, you will need to set up MX records within your Dynadot account.
If you are using our DNS, you will also need to set up your MX records using our DNS. To do so, please follow the instructions below:
- Log into your Dynadot account.
- Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Bulk Action" button.
- Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Bulk Action" list.
- Under the "Domain Record" section, select "MX" from the “Record Type” drop-down.
- Enter your MX record in the “Host” box, and the record’s priority in the “Distance” box.
- Press the ”Save DNS” button save your changes .
If you are using our Email Hosting, please follow these two additional steps before saving your DNS:
- Under the "Domain Record" section, select "TXT" from the “Record Type” drop-down.
- Enter "v=spf1 mx ip4:220.127.116.11 ~all" in the "IP Address or Target Host" section.