Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Registration with ip adress
5/16/2008 16:34
Hi,
how is it possible, to register a domain, and using your nameserver with my ip adress with your api?

Regards
Reply Quote
5/16/2008 17:53
Your question is a little unclear, but I'll try my best.  

You will need a program/script to send your requests.

You need to enter your API Key into this program/script.  The API Key is available from your account area:

Where can I find my API settings?

Manage your domains with Dynadot's API! We have all the tools you need to build and use your own software and servers to search for domains, register domains, dropcatch domains, and more.

To find your API settings, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "Tools" from the left-side menu bar and click "API" in the drop-down.
  3. Unlock your account using the link provided.
  4. Enter your account password in the provided field and click the "Generate New Key" button.
  5. It should now say "API Enabled: Needs IP Address" above the password field.
  6. Enter the IP address(es) of the devices that will use the API in the "IP Address" section below and click the "Set IP Address" button.
  7. Enter your password above again and click "Get Key."
  8. Your API key will be listed right above the "API Key" section header.
  9. You will need to copy this key in your code.
  10. Finally, don't forget to re-lock your account!

Please note: This feature is not available to new accounts.

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > API > Where can I find my API settings?

You will need enough account balance to pay for any purchases you make using the API.
Reply Quote
5/17/2008 06:25
Yeah thx,
but the problem is, that i can´t define an ip there for the new domain. I can only register the domain. How can i make an ip entry? Is this only in the account area possible?
Reply Quote
5/19/2008 23:22
It sounds to me like your either wanting to register DNS server hostname addresses, assign a name zone entries.

Their API is too primitive to support this, not to be offending, it is still very young.

I recommend implementing your own wrapper for the site.

Some thing's to watch out for:
Have an queue manager: as to only perform a single request at a time.
Use a cookie jar that lasts until detected session expires and do not have it logout: this will prevent you from having to write an captcha decoder, which is fairly simple for their captcha system.
Learn XPATH/DOM Queries and RegEx
Have an local repo of what is in the system and what is expected in the system as to not have to query their server each time.
Do not download images, unless it is an needed one for session cookies.
Try to limit requests to an single IP.
Reply Quote
Posted By dax
5/19/2008 23:40
hosteady

do you use curl for this or lower (perl sockets etc.) ?
Reply Quote