Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
API problem, pls help me
Posted By free1
1/28/2009 06:04
There has been a problem with API - it functions for just a few hours everyday.
Please help to check it and solve the problem at your earliest convenience.
Reply Quote
1/28/2009 18:01
You can only connect to the API from one IP address.  All other connections will be rejected.  

Make sure that the IP address that you have set for your account is the same IP address that you are using when you run your API:

Where can I find my API settings?

Manage your domains with Dynadot's API! We have all the tools you need to build and use your own software and servers to search for domains, register domains, dropcatch domains, and more.

To find your API settings, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "Tools" from the left-side menu bar and click "API" in the drop-down.
  3. Unlock your account using the link provided.
  4. Enter your account password in the provided field and click the "Generate New Key" button.
  5. It should now say "API Enabled: Needs IP Address" above the password field.
  6. Enter the IP address(es) of the devices that will use the API in the "IP Address" section below and click the "Set IP Address" button.
  7. Enter your password above again and click "Get Key."
  8. Your API key will be listed right above the "API Key" section header.
  9. You will need to copy this key in your code.
  10. Finally, don't forget to re-lock your account!

Please note: This feature is not available to new accounts.

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > API > Where can I find my API settings?
Reply Quote
Posted By free1
1/29/2009 03:42
Thanks for your information. I know how to set the API and I have been using my API for a long time.

The problem comes up after the API address is changed.
During 3:00-6:00 am (Chinese time) API functions normally, while there is no feedback and API server is not working during other time. Moreover, many errors turn up when API is working.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks a lot!
Reply Quote
Posted By free1
1/30/2009 04:06
Yesterday I check the time the API began to work, that is GMT 19:33, and a few hours later, the API stopped working.

Sometimes when I try to do lookups on .com and .net domains I get the "error,unexpected registry error".

I saw other members also have this kind of problem.

Would you please check your API server? Thanks.
Reply Quote