Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Setting my domain for Blogspot
Posted By theweb
8/4/2008 06:35
hello

I want pointing my domain to blogger
Please can you tell me the exact method ?

thank you

ps: it is urgent

[This post has been edited by a_a_fes_ma on Aug 4, 2008 6:37am.]
Reply Quote
8/5/2008 17:56
After you create your custom domain at Blogger, please follow these steps:

How do I create a CNAME?

A CNAME record is short-hand for Canonical Name record, which allows you to assign a domain or subdomain to another address or hostname. CNAME records should only be used if you can't use an A record.

NOTE: If you already have an A record within the Domain records section, please SKIP step 5!

To create a CNAME, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to the domain name(s) and select "DNS Settings" from the "Action" drop-down menu.
  4. On the new page, select the "Dynadot DNS" option from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Domain Record (optional)" section at the top, select "Forward" as the record type, choose forward type, and enter "https://www.yourdomainname.ext" as the "Target Host". (NOTE: This is optional and please replace the value based on your own domain name.)
  6. Under the "Subdomain Record (optional)" field, enter "www" as the subdomain, select "CNAME" as the record type and enter the CNAME record given to you.
  7. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Save Settings" button to save your changes.

Please be aware that it might take some time for your changes to propagate.

A CNAME may be necessary for your domain to work with the following: Blogger, Blogspot, TypePad, iweb, MobileMe, zenfolio, ning.

Your settings should look similar to what is shown below:

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Domain Settings > How do I create a CNAME?
Reply Quote
Posted By theweb
8/7/2008 12:40
thank you very much ^^
Reply Quote
4/25/2012 13:29
thanks

this work with www.mydomain.com

but it doesnt work if some one write this

mydomain.com

it says

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL / was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

i search about that and found this

A-records (optional)
The following action links your naked domain (example.com) to your actual site (www.example.com). If you skip this step, visitors who leave off the "www" will see an error page.
Enter your domain name in the format example.com, and list the I.P. addresses shown below in the "A" section. You'll need to create four separate A-records which point to four different Google IPs.

can someone help and tell me how to do that here??
Reply Quote
4/30/2012 00:11
Bump. Having the same problem too
Reply Quote
4/30/2012 16:31
It seems the top IP address listed there is no longer working for new account.  Please use the second on the list.

How do I set up my domain with Blogger or Blogspot?

To set up your domain with Blogger or Blogspot, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. On the DNS page, select "Dynadot DNS" from the top drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Domain Record (optional)" field, select "A" from the drop-down menu and enter Google's IP 216.239.32.21 in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
  7. Repeat the same steps and create 3 additional A records pointing to IP addresses 216.239.34.21, 216.239.36.21, and 216.239.38.21.
  8. In the "Subdomain Records (optional) field", enter "www" as the subdomain record, select "CNAME" from the drop-down menu, and enter ghs.google.com under the "IP Address or Target Host" box. Please note Blogger may ask you to enter another CNAME record. You can verify their current settings here.
  9. Press the "Save Settings" button to save your changes.

Please be aware that it might take some time for your name server changes to propagate.

Next, you will need to configure your settings with Blogger:

1. Sign in to your Blogger account.
  2. Navigate to Dashboard, Settings, Publishing, Add a custom domain, and Switch to advanced settings.
  3. In the "Advanced Settings" box, type in www.yourdomain.ext (For example: www.dynadot.com).
  4. Press the Save button to save your changes.

You can also create your blog right here on Dynadot! Upgrade to our Pro website builder plan to create a beautiful website with blog functionality.

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Domain Settings > How do I set up my domain with Blogge...
Reply Quote
Posted By soham
8/31/2015 21:46
Can somebody explain it step by step.

it works www.yourdomainname.com
won't works yourdomainname.com

Even though I added 4 A- records

Pls let me know how to fix the domain without www.
Reply Quote
9/1/2015 16:37
Which domain name is having trouble?
Reply Quote
Posted By soham
9/2/2015 06:53
Ok, I got it fixed.

In palace of creating 4A records, I have changed the followings:

Record Type >> Forward

IP Address or Target Host >> http://www.yourdomainname.com
Reply Quote
9/10/2015 14:38