Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
How to redirect a domain name?
4/27/2011 06:19
Hello,

I'm French and I just bought a domain name.

How to make the domain name that I just bought points to a page on another site?

Thank you for your answers.

Richard
Reply Quote
4/28/2011 17:11
To point your domain to another site, you may set up domain forwarding by using these steps:

1. Log into your Dynadot account.
  2. Click on the "Domains" link in the main menu.
  3. Select the domains you wish to forward by clicking on the checkbox next to the domain name.
  4. Click on the "Set Name Servers" button.
  5. Click on the "Forwarding" tab.
  6. Enter the URL of the web page you wish your domain to forward to, and then click on the "Forward Domain" button to save your changes.

Please be aware that it might take some time for your changes to propagate.

Best Regards,
Dynadot Staff

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Apr 28, 2011 5:17pm.]
Reply Quote
7/22/2013 18:32
Thank you!
Reply Quote
7/27/2013 12:15
You're welcome!
Reply Quote
8/2/2013 05:53
Hey
same days ago i have forwarded domain to a url but now i wanna remove that url?
How can i ?
Reply Quote
8/7/2013 16:44
You must update your settings to remove/disable domain forwarding. For example, you can change your settings to our Parking feature or use Name Servers and they will override domain forwarding.
Reply Quote
2/25/2016 13:05
how to add domain name in the forwarding. I want to forward to www.website.com/domainname

I have 100s of domain it not possible to do it one by one is it any regex code avaiable like this
www.example.com/%%DOMAIN%%

The "DOMAIN" replaced by the real domain name. so that, using this i can select more than one domain and set the forward for all
Reply Quote
2/26/2016 15:23
You can set domain forwarding up in your account in bulk. Simply check the box next to all the domain names you want to change when setting it up.

How do I set up domain forwarding?

What is domain forwarding?

Domain forwarding is the process of redirecting a website visitor to another domain name prior to the initial webpage loading. This will prevent the user from visiting the original URL destination, and will instead forward them to a specified web address.

To set up domain forwarding on any of your domain names, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. On the DNS page, select the "Dynadot Forwarding" setting from the top drop-down menu.
  6. Enter the URL of the page you wish to forward to, following the format of the example given.
  7. Press the "Forward Domain" button to save your changes.

Please be aware that it might take some time for your name server changes to propagate.

Check how the Advanced Options work

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > How do I set up domain forwarding?
Reply Quote
2/28/2016 11:00
I know that but what i asked is say i want to do like this

example1.com forward to  mysite.com/example1.com
example2.com forward to  mysite.com/example2.com
example3.com forward to  mysite.com/example3.com
example4.com forward to  mysite.com/example4.com
example5.com forward to  mysite.com/example5.com

Being a domainer, i like such option to redirect my domain to sales landing page in my Domainsale website like above example
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied p_v_chennai_in :5/31/2019 11:29
Great question! If you want each domain to forward to a unique location, you would need to set the forwarding individually, Choosing to set domain forwarding through the bulk tool would only allow you to set multiple domains to forward to the same place.
Reply Quote
4/3/2018 19:13
Thanks for asking this question, I had the same doubt as you
Reply Quote
5/15/2019 10:42
What if I want to redirect it to a domain that is owned by a different company? Do I follow the same steps?
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied u_g_la_mirada_us :5/31/2019 11:30
That's right. Regardless of where you want to forward your domain, those would be the steps you'd need to follow.
Reply Quote