How do I set up my Email plan to work with my Gmail account?
To set up your Email to work with Gmail, please follow these steps:
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click the gear icon on the top-right side of the page.
- Select “See all settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the "Accounts and Imports" tab.
- Under the "Check mail from other accounts:" section, click the "Add a mail account" button. When the box pops up, enter your email address and click the "Next" button.
- Confirm that Gmailify is not available for this provider and press the “Next” button.
- Google will now ask for a username/password and POP settings. You can retrieve this information under your POP3/SMTP settings in your Email Hosting web space. IMPORTANT: Your username is ALWAYS the Full email address.
- Enter webhost.dynadot.com as the POP server.
- Change the port to 995.
- Check the "Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail” option, and then click the "Add Account" button, and you will then be able to receive emails through Gmail.
- Gmail will then ask if you would like to send from this address as well. Select “Yes” and press the “Next” button.
- You will see another confirmation screen. Skip to the next step by pressing the “Next Step” button.
- The SMTP server should read webhost.dynadot.com.The SMTP server port should be 587.
- The "Secured connection using TLS" option should be selected by default. If not, please choose that option.
- Click on the "Add Account" button to save your changes.
- Next, gmail will ask you to verify the new address using a confirmation code or link. Once verified, you will be able to access your Dynadot email through your existing gmail account!
NOTE: Gmail does not support IMAP.
Want to set up your Email plan on another platform? Check out these additional instructions: