Need support for your Dynadot domains, websites, or one of our tools? Use our help article directory to find the resources you need or contact our support team to get further assistance.
What if the domain I want is is taken?
Have you ever searched for a domain and discovered that it has already been "taken" or registered by someone else? If this has happened to you, check out our list of ideas and infographic below, and learn how to get the domain you really want!
- Try out our Suggestion Tool. Our suggestion tool is one of the hidden gems of Dynadot. Here, you just simply type keyword(s) into the search bar and watch endless combinations of .COM, .NET, .CC, and .TV domains instantly appear. This tool is great because it yields results of the domain names you may have never thought of, and could even generate a result that is better than your "taken" domain. Please note this tool can only be used for .COM, .NET, .TV, and .CC.
- If your domain name is taken, why not try a different top-level domain (TLD)! Our TLD page offers an assortment of domains. We have hundreds of TLDs to choose from, such as your country's ccTLD, .CO, .ME, .NET, .XYZ, .BIZ, .ORG or .INFO. Additionally, check out our Domain Categories to get more information about domains to choose from.
- Check our Whois Lookup and see if it is possible to contact the current owner of the domain. If the owner's contact information is available, you can send them a direct message to inquire about purchasing the domain. If the owner's contact information is not available and they use our privacy service, you can email [email protected] with a completed email note, and we can forward your request to the domain owner. If you choose to contact the domain owner, please keep in mind that there is no guarantee that you will receive a response.
- Track the domains you are interested in with our Watch List feature. When you use Watch List, you can keep track of the status of a domain you want to purchase. If any changes occur with a domain in your Watch List, we will notify you with an email. Learn more about how to add domains to your watch list.
- Another option is to check out domain aftermarkets, such as Dynadot's domain marketplace, Afternic, and Sedo. Domain marketplaces easily connect domain buyers and sellers together.
- If you are set on a certain domain owned by someone else, try using a third party agent. Third party agents come in handy because they take out the complication of negotiating with a domain owner. If you're interested in a third party, try Domain Agents. This third party service will help you with domain negotiations and making an offer.