How do I generate a new auth code for my domain?
In most cases, you shouldn't need to generate a new authorization code for your domain just to transfer it. However, sometimes if there is an issue with your transfer, generating a new auth code can help solve the issue.
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "Manage" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
- Click on the domain name you want to transfer (it should be a blue link).
- Scroll down to the "Transfer Lock & Auth Code" section.
- If you have already begun your transfer, your domain should say "No" next to "Transfer Lock." If it's not, this is likely the problem. You need to unlock your domain and you probably don't need to generate a new auth code.
- To access your auth code and generate a new one, you will need to unlock your account using the "unlock your account" link.
- Once your account is unlocked, your should see your domain's current authorization code.
- Click on the "Generate New Auth Code" button to generate a new code to replace the current one.
- If you are in the middle of a transfer, you will need to update your pending transfer with the new auth code.