How do I generate a new auth code for my domain?
In most cases, you shouldn't need to generate a new authorization code for your domain just to transfer it. However, sometimes if there is an issue with your transfer, generating a new auth code can help solve the issue.
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Click on the domain name you want to transfer (it should be a link).
- Scroll down to the "Transfer Lock" section and confirm it says "No". If the status is not "No", this is likely the problem. You need to unlock your domain and then you may not need to generate a new authorization code.
- Go to the "Authorization Code" section directly below "Transfer Lock".
- Press the "New Code" button to generate a new authorization code. You may need to unlock your account if the button does not appear.
NOTE: If you are in the middle of a transfer, you will need to update your pending transfer with the new authorization code.