Transfer Your DomainTransfer a domain from another provider to Dynadot.
Before you get started
To transfer a domain, the domain must not be a recent registration or transfer (within 60 days) and it must not be expired or about to expire. (We recommend initiating a transfer at lesat 2 weeks before a domain expires.)
Ensure your Whois email address is current as that is the address we will use to authorize the transfer.
Each domain transfer extends your domain registration by one year.*
Domain Transfer Process:
Unlock your domain and copy the authentication code.
Enter the domain and the authentication code above to start your domain transfer.
Authorize the domain transfer via the email sent to your Whois email address.
Confirm the domain transfer with your previous registrar if they contact you.
The domain is added to your Dynadot account and you are notified.
* Domain Transfer Exceptions
When you transfer a domain, 1 year is added to the expiration date in most cases except:
- Your domain expired at your previous registrar, then you renewed it during the renewal grace period, and transferred it to us within 45 days of the renewal.
- Adding a year to the domain will exceed the maximum registration period (usually 10 years, but it varies) for each domain.
- When you are transferring a .BE, .EU, or .DE domain, one year is added to the transfer completion date, not the expiration date.
- For .UK and .LT domains, you need to ask your current registrar to push the domain to us. There is no cost to do this and no time is added to the domain.
- .NL domains retain their pre-transfer expiration date and then are automatically renewed for you closer to their expiration date. This is because the .NL registry only allows for 1 year of registration.
Please note that we do not currently accept .NGO domain transfers.