Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Scam Domain Names on Dynadot
Posted By pkreg
12/2/2014 09:12
I saw Play.com was available for sale on MarketPlace of dynadot in just 20$ and i amazed that how is it possible but i tried to purchase it in excitement that lets see what happens.
It was not real name displaying in place of domain name because it was displaying other domain name (play.com) where as transferred xn--80a5ak27c.com.
Can you please explain that what is this and why you are cheating people..
Overall it was nice lesson by Dynadot for me..
Do not trust on what you see..
Reply Quote
12/3/2014 05:15
It's an International domain (IDN) - in another language ...
Reply Quote
12/3/2014 17:29
pkreg:

We are sorry if you were confused about the domain, but it is an IDN.

What is an Internationalized Domain Name (IDN)?

Internationalized domain names (IDNs) are domain names that either:

• are written in languages/scripts using Latin letters with diacritics (accents marks such as é or ü) or
  • do not use the Latin alphabet at all

IDNs allow native speakers of non-Latin based scripts to access the Internet in their own language. Since Internet usage is rising around the world and the world is full of many different languages and scripts (Chinese being the most spoken language!), IDNs offer a great way to connect with your target market no matter what they speak!

We support many domain extensions that offer IDNs in a variety of languages. To see a list and search for an IDN domain, visit our IDN page.

Please note that IDNs are represented in punycode, which puts the IDN into the character set A-Z and 0-9, to connect with the domain name system (DNS).

From Help Section: Domains > International Domain Names (IDNs) > What is an Internationalized Domain N...

When you click on the domain name to purchase, the punycode is listed under the "Domain Stats" section.
Reply Quote
Posted By pkreg
12/6/2014 01:57
Can you please tell me that what is meant by xn--80a5ak27c in Umlaut or Chinese  Language? If I have purchased it accidentally then please help me that which topic is the best for this domain? I do not know this domain name meaning.
Reply Quote
12/7/2014 16:06
xn--80a5ak27c.com is the puny code version of рӏау.com.

http://mct.verisign-grs.com/convertServlet?input=xn--80a5ak27c.com

As defined by wikipedia, "Punycode is a way to represent Unicode with the limited character subset of ASCII supported by the Domain Name System."

You can use our search filters to remove IDNs from your search results.
Reply Quote
12/9/2014 14:21
Thx for explaining!
Reply Quote
12/9/2014 17:28
Anytime =]  Thanks for posting!
Reply Quote