Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Forum username change
10/22/2012 22:12
I think we should be able to change our usernames.
I would like to be shovenose, for one. not something that reveals where I live. Thanks!
Reply Quote
10/23/2012 16:24
You can change your forum name from within your account.

How do I change my forum name?

Check out the Dynadot Forums to ask us questions, find out information, and more! When you post on our forums, you are using your forum name, not your username. By default, your forum name includes your initials, city, and country. If you want to change your forum name, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Info" from the left-side menu bar and click "Account Settings" in the drop-down.
  3. Scroll down to the "Community Options" section.
  4. You can update your information in the "Forum Name" box. Please keep in mind that the Forum name must be in all lowercase letters and cannot be the same as your username.
  5. Press the "Save Options" button to save your changes.

Did you know you can hide your forum name?
In "Community Options" (step 3), select 'hidden' under the "Display Forum Name in Marketplace" section.
Save your changes.

From Help Section: Community > How do I change my forum name?
Reply Quote
10/24/2012 21:29
Thank you!
I think you should allow using the same username and also capital letters.
Reply Quote
10/27/2012 17:36
We want to keep the forum name and username separate.  This way people can move domains between accounts while still remaining anonymous.  

As for the capital letters,  we may be able to change that, but it likely won;t be any time soon as we have so many other improvements in the works.     :)
Reply Quote
2/4/2019 04:06
Morning. Abit cumbersome to change the name. To start there is no 'My Info' anywhere, at least for me to find. Anyways, I do not use the forum, but still why not make easier like a 'update my subscription? Cheers. Do as your company has do. None of my business.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
huachano replied huachano :2/15/2019 22:27
If you click this link, you will be able to get to that page after sign in: https://www.dynadot.com/account/info/settings.html. If you still have any trouble seeing it, please contact our chat support so they can take a further look.
Reply Quote