Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Why Dynadot was Down??
3/3/2009 08:04
Dear Dynadot Staff,

I am happy to see you back, but we all users here are still looking for the reason why you were down? and while you were down why were you people not taking the phone calls and no email replies, also you people didn't give any official statement to keep cool your customers.

well, as far as i think your many users might have decided to have an alternate registrar,

about me i am still satisfied with you but please explain the reason and also assure that this will not happen again.

Thanks and Regards,

Looking forward
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 10:51
I agree completely with Matt_Jacob_Tucson.
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 10:52
I still have an account here, but I'm no longer a fan or an active customer of Dynadot. I heard about the outage on several forums out there, and have been checking in regularly to see how this would turn out. I figured that IF they came back online, they'd have no real excuse for their lack of effort at informing their customers as to what had happened. Instead they left you hanging as I knew they would.

You folks do what I did a few months back. I moved all of my domains to another registrar once it became apparent that the service here was less that I expected it to be. Once they lose all of their customers, they'll realize you simply can't jerk people around and leave them in the dark for days on end.

Don't feed bad business practices with undeserved loyalty. Find yourselves another registrar, ANY registrar, and move your domains!

[This post has been edited by user_1186 on Mar 3, 2009 10:53am.]
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 11:12
if dynadot use raid and clone hd and cluster server and  best data center  ,,  is not dow never!!!!
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 11:18
@martaaaaa How many times are you gonna say the same thing? You're becoming more annoying than the Dynadot downtime.
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 11:36
only one and you ?
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 11:37
trust that the staff Dynadot respond and will be responsible for damage caused to users. Then every Dynadot maintain its prestige and reputation among domainers.
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 11:54
I'm just glad Dynadot is back up! Yay!
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 12:38
good to have you back !!! hope lessons will be learned and disaster recovery more carefully tested, all you have are customers, without them theres no business running and sadly some of them got hurt.. im not among those that lost $$, but i am among those that feared not to lose the domains i own here having no idea what really happened and imagining the worst
you are probably considering this, but a system status board would be a good thing, like http://status.aws.amazon.com/ , and just 1 line of updates will assure at least half of the angry mob you probably had at your doors these days :-)
above anything its good that its up again, and thank you for that
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 13:15
Thanks you are back.

This a very long long down time have raised many questions about the domains security with dynadot.

You should atleast have displayed a message about the progress of the recovery process.
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 14:43
Is it safe to register names, I just tried using some funds on my account which normally makes the reg instant, yet my order is still hanging in the wind along with my Domain.

EDIT: OK took a bit longer then normal but it finally went through.

Mike

[This post has been edited by m_p_lacolle_ca on Mar 3, 2009 2:47pm.]
Reply Quote