Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Why Dynadot was Down??
3/3/2009 08:04
Dear Dynadot Staff,

I am happy to see you back, but we all users here are still looking for the reason why you were down? and while you were down why were you people not taking the phone calls and no email replies, also you people didn't give any official statement to keep cool your customers.

well, as far as i think your many users might have decided to have an alternate registrar,

about me i am still satisfied with you but please explain the reason and also assure that this will not happen again.

Thanks and Regards,

Looking forward
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 16:01
Well i hope it's safe although i registered a domain just before the crash and it is now GONE!  The transaction is still listed in my account however my domain is missing!

I have sent a message via contact us but have not heard anything yet.
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 17:20
I think Dynadot should give a more detail explain about this.
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 19:43
I have a suggestion: Take the servers down ONE DAY per month to do an overhaul on maintenance, refresh your backups, etc. ONE day, Dynadot, to save us all the headache of not knowing what happened. Have a backup account ready to e-mail EVERY customer you have so that they are at least notified of any situation, such as a hardware failure.

That would help greatly: One day a month downtime for no more than 24 hours, with at least a week's notice.

I've always told my fellow internet working friends about your services and how easy and greatly priced your stuff is to use, but with the lack of preperation and communication that has been displayed even though it was a sticky situation your servers were in, isn't promising.

Please get it right, Dynadot. We love your service, remind us why we all signed up here in the first place.

PS: Glad the stuff got fixed.
Reply Quote
Posted By kam
3/3/2009 20:07
I unable to delete some domains because of the downtime exceed 48 hours.

28 X .cc domains = 790 USD

51 X .tv domains = 1683 USD

14 X $7.99 domains = 111 USD

Total amount : 2584 USD.

My forum post : http://www.dynadot.com/resource/forums/f0-customer-feedback/i-unable-to-delete-some-of-my-domains-because-of-serious-downtime-3520.html
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 21:50
This whole issue is disturbing, from the lack of communication to the flimsy and inadequate excuse. What a fall from grace from this crowd, respect=0
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 22:11
Did anyone get response from [email protected] since the outage? or any official response posted somewhere?
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 22:27
Yes, I have just received a personal response to the email I sent to Dynadot 24 hours ago. I was not expecting one for a while and the speed of reply surprised me and pleased me. The explanation about the hardware failure they gave me and the reassurance on such an event not causing such a long down time in the future reassured me.

They didn't give a detailed explanation of why they hadn't posted more information / updates on the "parked site" (they said they intended to do this but hadn't "for various reasons"). However, they are not stupid and will certainly now understand the anxiety and damage this caused and try to avoid it in the future.

I had also asked for reassurance about their financial stability and got a reassurance, albeit without any detail.

I have been so pleased with Dynadot's services to date that I am definitely keeping my domains here. We can all make mistakes, including about communicating, and the tone of the email gave me hope that Dynadot will learn from this, which is what matters more to me than the original mistake.

Peter
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 22:30
I am missing Some domains as well from my account, But they sort out though but domains are not in my account. I did whois. I am still registrant owner of the domain

Dynadot Come on Help us out here
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 22:50
You know the downtime pissed me off A LOT. Actually, MORE THAN A LOT. I had to change the nameservers on a couple domains and start up a project, but I couldn't. What did I end up doing? Well, I had some domains I NEEDED to buy ASAP (I'm the person who sits and refreshes for dropped domains). I ended up going SH!TDaddy. If it weren't for this experience, I wouldn't have appreciated how professional Dynadot is and  seeing how annoying having idiotic ads and boobs in my face while trying to "work."

There have been many that are complaining about moving. I know that I can save 30cents/domain going to Godaddy (30cents for my portfolio is a LOT to save), but the professionalism here makes it worth it. Those that are "extremely disappointed" in Dynadot are those that got screwed with domain tasting a crapload of names.

P.S to the super tasters: THANKS FOR RUINING IT FOR THE REST OF US!

I've always wanted to find a couple tasters that ruined it for me and make me and others. Having to pay a 20cent fee for no damned reason because you guys abuse the system pisses me off so much. I haven't spent over $2 in ICANN grace fees, but that $2 should be in my pocket. Instead, I'm paying for you guys to continue abusing the domaining system. Can't wait till domain tasting is done with for good, right? Thanks again!
Reply Quote
3/4/2009 01:04
¿Any staff Dynadot's response?
¿When do we receive a response to the email sent to [email protected]?
¿Dynadot compensate us for the money lost by domains with a grace period ended?
We need answers today!
We greatly appreciate the service Dynadot and hope that we will not disappoint!
Reply Quote