Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
WHY: "buy" lock status ?
2/21/2010 03:42
I recently bought a name on the marketplace to resell. However, it seems I can't do that because DynaDot sets a 60 day "buy" lock status on it. Very bad, and no reason for this nonsense.
Reply Quote
2/18/2017 06:21
Okay. I didn't know that Marketplace buy lock is different than the "change of domain registrar lock" enforced by ICANN.

So if I buy a domain from marketplace, i must wait 60 days before I can resell it to someone. I stand corrected.
Reply Quote
2/19/2017 15:23
Yes, that is correct. Similar to a new registration, you will not be able to transfer the domain within the first 60 days.

https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/buy-lock
Reply Quote
2/19/2017 17:24
But unlike new registration, you can not even 'push' the domain to another user account, isn't it?
Reply Quote
3/22/2017 01:10
Yes, the lock will prevent a ownership change or a registrar change but as explained previously, it is designed for security's purpose. We do appreciate all the feedbacks and ideas and will forward them to our team and see if we could improve some of these in the future. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Reply Quote