Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
WHY: "buy" lock status ?
2/21/2010 03:42
I recently bought a name on the marketplace to resell. However, it seems I can't do that because DynaDot sets a 60 day "buy" lock status on it. Very bad, and no reason for this nonsense.
Reply Quote
2/22/2010 18:13
We place a buy lock on domains sold through our Marketplace as a fraud prevention measure.  This is the same reason we place a lock on domains sold through our Auctions.  

Imagine what would happen if someone used a stolen credit card to buy a $500 domain you were selling through us and we didn't have a lock.
Reply Quote
2/22/2010 21:22
It would be nice if you give customers with proven track records the option of less lock, or the option to fund it in a way that can't be refunded (e-check?).
Reply Quote
9/13/2015 00:37
"This is the same reason we place a lock on domains sold through our Auctions."

But your auction lock is now only 15 days.  This marketplace buy lock is 60.  I would never have purchased anything through the marketplace if I had known it was 60 day lock.

60 days is way too long.  Especially for low level purchases.  Now I cannot do ANYTHING with the domain.
Reply Quote
9/16/2015 16:45
its all about security reason bro !! Good luck
Reply Quote
9/24/2015 08:11
t_p_new_hampton_us: The domain can still be used during this time. You just wouldn't be able to transfer the domain out of Dynadot or move it to a different Dynadot account. You can still set your name servers, DNS, etc.
Reply Quote
10/8/2015 10:51
Back in the mid-1990s, when I bought my main biz domain infoprovider.com, someone actually tried to simply re-register it for themselves! My ISP at the time actually caught it and alerted me (since he got the tech email) else the registration would have gone through. I totally support Dynadot's excellent security measures to keep our domains safe. You have no idea what skulduggery people are capable of. I now own 60+ domains and Dynadot, although a few minor faults here and there, is still the best registrar I have found on the net. Financially inexpensive and technically simple and very extensive -- the perfect thing for a small business admin with my own server. I am able to do so much more, and deliver quality at a low price.

Yes flipping domains is not quite like flipping real estate. But I would check out whether you can still hold an auction, and just put the domain into escrow.com -- with criteria that upon the release of the Lock, the domain is the buyer's and you get your cash. Can this be done?
Reply Quote
11/28/2015 16:16
I know....but I am I hope a trusted dynadot member at this point.  I was the buyer and the domain was less than $20.  I bought an expiring domain for over $1700 and the lock was only 15 days...??  Doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
11/17/2016 21:31
I bought a domain with intentions of reselling it for a profit. and they wont let me sell something I bought.This doesn't make sense at all. I shouldn't have to wait 60 days!!!
Reply Quote
2/17/2017 03:29
You can still park and market your domain(s).
And when you find an interested buyer, (or the buyer finds you .. lol)
tell him that you will only push the domain into his Dynadot account. :)
Reply Quote
2/18/2017 00:11
the lock prevents you from pushing into another dynadot account as well.
Reply Quote