Why is my website offline?
There are many reasons why you may not be able to see your website. The majority of these reasons fall into these four categories:
- You can do an IP lookup in your Dynadot account to see if your new name server settings have been propagated through the system. If they haven't propagated yet, you'll see a "name servers misconfigured" error.
- If you aren't getting the "name servers misconfigured" error in your IP lookup, you can try refreshing your site a few times. If that doesn't work, you can try clearing your cache (click on "cache" above for more information & browser instructions).
- We recommend contacting your web host about the issue.
- If you ordered either VPS Hosting or Email Hosting from us, but did not register the domain name at any domain registrar, you will not be able to see your website until you register the actual domain name.
- When you order VPS or Email Hosting from us, there is a place to enter the domain name the hosting is for. Entering the domain name here does not register it for you. You must already own the domain or register it at the same time.
- You need both the domain name and a web hosting plan to build a website. Basically, a domain name is like a mailing address while a web hosting plan provides the actual land space or "lot" at that address. You need both to get your website online.