How do I restore my VPS from a backup?
We offer free daily backups with our VPS Hosting. This allows you to restore all the files that were there when your VPS was last backed up. To restore your VPS Hosting, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Unlock your account to access the VPS restore feature.
- Select "My Hosting" from the left-side menu bar.
- Click on your VPS Hosting plan (should be a blue link).
- Scroll down to the "VPS Control" section, you'll need to shut down your VPS by clicking on the "Regular Shutdown" or "Force Shutdown" button. Wait for the VPS to complete shutting down.
- Click on the "Link" next to "Backup."
- Select the radio button next to a "VPS Automatic Backup" point, or a "VPS Manual Backup" that you want to use for the restore.
- Click on the "Restore VPS" button.
NOTE: The restore processing may take 30-60 minutes to complete. Once finished, your VPS is ready again.
You can also rebuild your VPS.