How do I rebuild my VPS?
If you've installed something incorrectly or your system files are corrupted in your VPS Hosting, you can first try to restore your VPS from the backup (VPS Hosting includes daily backups). If the backup file is also corrupted or if there are too many things to handle to fix your VPS, the easiest way to fix it is by rebuilding it. To rebuild your VPS, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Unlock your account to access the VPS rebuild feature.
- Select the "Hosting" tab in the main menu.
- Click on your VPS Hosting name (should be a blue link).
- You'll need to unlock your account if you haven't already.
- Under the "VPS Control" section, you'll need to shut down your VPS by clicking on the "Regular Shutdown" or "Force Shutdown" button. Wait for the VPS to complete shutting down.
- Select your control panel template from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the "Rebuild" button.
NOTE: The rebuild process may take 15 minutes to complete. Once it has finished, your VPS will be ready to use again.