How do I select the default payment method for auto-renewed domains?
Setting up auto-renew for your domains can ensure you never lose a domain! When auto-renew is set up, our system will take care of the renewal for you 15 days before the domain's expiration date. However, for the auto-renewal to be successful, you must have an up-to-date payment method selected.
To select a payment method for your auto-renewed domains, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Domain Defaults" in the drop-down.
- Scroll down and click the "Domain Auto Renew" link.
- Select "auto renew" from the top drop-down menu.
- There are two payment types that you can use for auto-renewals: account credit or credit card.The default for all accounts is account credit.
- If you want to use credit card, you can either select an existing card or enter a new one in the "Select your default auto-renew payment method and currency" section*.
- If you want to use account credit and it is not already selected, you can select it from the drop-down.**
- To apply your auto-renewal payment method changes to any existing auto-renewals, check the "Apply to Existing Auto-Renewals" option.
*If you are using a credit card for your auto-renewals, you will need to make sure your credit card is up-to-date and you may want to take note of the expiration date.
**If you are using account credit for your auto-renewals, you need to make sure that you have enough credit to cover your auto-renewals and you must add account credit in the same currency as your preferred currency. For example, if you prefer to pay in Euros and have an account balance that is in Euros, but your preferred currency is set to USD, your auto-renewal order will not go through.
If we cannot process your payment, then your domain will not be renewed and you will receive an email from us about it.
The payment method you choose for auto-renewals is not the same payment method used for expired domain auction auto-pay orders.