Why do I have to enter a "Registrant" for .BE domains?
DNS.be, the central registry for .BE, requires that a registrant is set when a domain is registered. During checkout, you'll be asked to specify a registrant name; setting a registrant organization is optional. This registrant information cannot be changed later through the Dynadot control panel. Instead, you have to create a trade order to change the registrant. A trade order costs the same as registering the domain itself. However, it does renew the domain for another year.
To place a trade order, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "Manage" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
- Click on the domain name you want to trade (should be a blue link).
- Under the "BE Trade" section, fill out the provided form.
- Click on the "Create Trade" button to save your changes.