Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Email forwarding not working - stopped 8 or 9 December (Australian time)
12/9/2011 18:04
I have had a .com domain with Dynadot with email forwarding for ~3 years with no problems, however for the last couple of days I have not received any emails sent to addresses on this domain.

Emails sent directly to my ISP domain are received with no problems so the issue is not at my ISP's end.

I have checked the forwarding settings againt my domain and all appears to be in order.

Please advise
Reply Quote
12/14/2011 10:14
We just got the trace back form engineering and it does that messages are successfully reaching the internode email server where they are being labeled abuse and bouncing back to us.
Reply Quote
12/14/2011 12:43
Can you please forward the traces that show this happening as my ISP (who also hosts the email server) say that they can't see anything unusual from their end.

Thanks & regs
Reply Quote
12/14/2011 15:32
While we can't provide you with trace, our engineers believe they can work with Amazon to address the problem directly.  It is being worked on now.  Please give us about a week to get it straightened out.  In the meantime,  can you create a free email address to receive your forwards?  Something like gmail or hotmail perhaps.
Reply Quote
12/14/2011 15:53
Yes I've looked at doing that, however what about the email that is currently sitting on your/Amazon's servers?

Can that be pushed to alternative addresses?  Or do I just need to wait unril the issue is resolved?

Regards
Reply Quote
12/14/2011 17:25
I'll look into this further but, the way I understand it is, our system will attempt delivery 3 times before discarding the message.  Once discarded,  the message is lost and can not be retrieved or redirected.
Reply Quote
12/15/2011 23:22
I have new information.

It appears that the IP address of your ourbound server:  50.112.123.172 is on Trend Micro's RBL+ list which my ISP **does** refer to.

Are you able to work with Trend Micro to have the listing removed and resolve this?

ref:  <<http://www.mail-abuse.com/cgi-bin/lookup?ip_address=50.112.123.172>>

Thanks & regards
Reply Quote