Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Email forwarding not working - stopped 8 or 9 December (Australian time)
12/9/2011 18:04
I have had a .com domain with Dynadot with email forwarding for ~3 years with no problems, however for the last couple of days I have not received any emails sent to addresses on this domain.

Emails sent directly to my ISP domain are received with no problems so the issue is not at my ISP's end.

I have checked the forwarding settings againt my domain and all appears to be in order.

Please advise
Reply Quote
12/10/2011 09:26
Hello,

The test email we sent has not been returned.  Did you receive it?

Best Regards,

Dynadot Staff.

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Dec 12, 2011 2:54pm.]
Reply Quote
12/10/2011 19:55
I have still received nothing - for 3 days now.

My ISP has run a trace and confirmed that emails sent to my domain are being received by your server at IP address 50.112.123.111

Can you please investigate and advise.
Reply Quote
12/11/2011 09:07
Hello,

Perhaps your account has reached its forwarding limit. Our tech team will take a look when they return to the office on the next business day.  

Best Regards,

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
12/11/2011 14:24
Can you please direct me to the relevant information on your site regarding forwarding limits?  I cannot find any such reference.

In any case, wouldn't you notify me of my having exceeded such a limit?

According to my ISP there is no failure message - emails sent to my domain address **are** being accepted by your server at IP address 50.112.123.111 (which appears to be an Amazon server farm).

I await your advice.

regards

[This post has been edited by m_s_balwyn_north_au on Dec 11, 2011 2:24pm.]
Reply Quote
12/11/2011 16:45
Email forwarding limits are addressed in our help section:

Are there limits to email forwarding?

Yes, there are a couple of different limits to our email forwarding:

• You can specify up to 10 domain emails to be forwarded.
  • We will forward up to 500 emails per day for your domain name. Any emails above that limit will not be accepted by our email forwarding server. The email will either bounce or be delayed until you are under your 500 email limit again.
  • You cannot respond using your domain email address as this is only a forwarding service, meaning you can only receive emails to your domain email address.
  • You can only use our email forwarding if you are using our name servers. If you are using someone else's name servers, you will need to set up your email forwarding settings on those name servers.

Want access to unlimited email addresses for your domain without any limits? Check out our Pro version Email Hosting.

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Domain Settings > Are there limits to email forwarding?

As for your specific account,  our tech team will be looking into this on the next business day.

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Dec 11, 2011 4:46pm.]
Reply Quote
12/11/2011 20:29
Thanks for that.

There is no way I would be receiving anything like 500 emails per day - unless I'm suddenly receiving massive amounts of SPAM from somewhere.

In any case the inidcations are that emails sent to my domain are still being accepted by your server, so I shall await the outcome of your tech investigation with eager anticipation.

Thanks & regs

[This post has been edited by m_s_balwyn_north_au on Dec 11, 2011 8:30pm.]
Reply Quote
12/12/2011 14:47
Hello,

Our tech team has concluded their review of your account.  It appears that our email forwarding IP is being blocked by your ISP.  As you know, we have recently begun using an Amazon ec2 address that seems to have been flagged as a spam source by your internet service provider.  Please contact them to see about having this block removed.  

Best Regards,

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
12/12/2011 14:53
Hello,

We found some old emails on another server as well.  When speaking with your ISP,  please ask them to whitelist 50.112.123.172 along with 50.112.123.111.  Thank you.

Best Regards,

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
12/13/2011 22:18
Are you able to provide a trace that shows forwarded email being blocked by my ISP?

They have checked both of the IP addresses you gave above and say they are **not** blacklisting them.

Thanks & regards
Reply Quote
12/14/2011 10:02
Looks like there was some miscommunication here.  My apologies for that.  Our engineering department believes the messages are being blocked, not by your ISP, but by your mail server, internode.on.net.  They believe it has something to do with either your destination email server or the ISP of your destination email server.  

We are currently checking the logs and will email you any trace we are able to provide.  

Thank you for your patience.
Reply Quote